Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why?

Why do I do this?  Why help orphans...specifically orphans with Down syndrome and other special needs?  Many people have answered this question in depth and more eloquently than I will, but for me the answer boils down to one word:  LOVE.

And not just any love.  Not love that I have conjured up on my own.  Not love that I have because I have seen lots of pictures of cute kids.  Not love that I have because these kids deserve a home and family.  Not love that is based on anything they have done or anything I have done.  Love that is based on what Jesus has done.  Love that I can give because it is love I have received.

  We love because he first loved us.   1 John 4:19  (NIV)

Jesus loves me.  He loves me so much that He gave His life for me.  He DIED for me.  He died that I might live...so I could be adopted into His family.  He loves me so much.  The more I read about His love, the more I love others and the more I want to do to show them that love.  He loved me first so now I can love these precious kiddos.

THAT is why I do this. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment