Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jovie has a family!!!

The goal of the Reece's Rainbow Angel Tree is to raise $1000 for each orphan on the tree and to hopefully find families for many of these treasures.  The money raised goes into the childrens' individual grant funds and will go to their new family to help pay their adoption expenses.

Adoption is expensive.  Let me rephrase that:  adoption is EXPENSIVE!  Of course the life of a child is priceless, so it is all worth it.  Still, the one thing that most often stops families who want to adopt from following through, is the money.  It can cost anywhere from $15,000 to $45,000 to adopt internationally.  A nice-sized grant can make it possible for a family who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford an adoption (but can definitely afford supporting a child) to give a child a home.

A few days ago a family committed to Jovie and to the expense of bringing her home.  It absolutely made my day to see Jovie's name in the "My Family Found Me" section of the angel tree!  I am so excited that Jovie has a family going for her!!!  I would like to bless them by getting as large a grant fund as possible.  Will you join me in helping Jovie?

Thank you! 

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and Jovie! I wish so much that my little Quinten would find his family too. I would love to have someone adopt him so I could go and visit him. :-)

    ReplyDelete